To commemorate the Day of Caring’s founding year, the entire UC San Diego community showcases its loyalty and support with 1960 minutes of giving. Between May 12 at 6 a.m. through May 13 at 2 p.m., supporters can choose their cause, share stories, and make a gift to UC San Diego that will impact the world now and for generations to come. For 2022, Dean Ordóñez has personally committed to match all gifts to any area of Rady, dollar for dollar, up to $5,000 with a gift to the Rady School Career Management Center.
The Rady School’s programs prepare the next generation of diverse, innovative leaders of technology-driven companies through education, experiential learning, mentorship, and venture funding.
The unique experiential learning opportunities that provide students with the opportunity to explore the many sides of innovation and entrepreneurship include:
- The nonprofit StartR accelerator offers six focused tracks, including programs for diverse groups and veterans, to participate in focused, hands-on company development.
- Pitch competitions: Triton Innovation Challenge and Border Innovation Challenge focus on bringing to the spotlight promising solutions and technologies to address environmental issues and meet the efficiency and security challenges of the region’s ports of entry.
- Rady Innovation Fellows program deploys teams of Rady graduate students to support the commercialization of new technologies and assist entrepreneurs in various stages of development.
- Our mentorship program DRIvE (Developing Rady Innovation Entrepreneurs) connects teams with high‐level mentors who provide guidance in the early phases of their startups.
- The Rady Venture Fund offers investment capital to entrepreneurs as well as education and experience in venture capital management, including opportunities to invest in Rady alumni startups.
Visit giveto.ucsd.edu to choose any gift fund OR click below to support these Rady funding priorities:
- Sullivan Institute for Innovation and Development to support innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Fellowships for the Future Endowment Fund to support graduate fellowships at the Rady School.
- Rady School Career Management Fund to better prepare our graduates for success in the workplace.
- Rady School of Management Innovation Fund to provide support for greatest needs.
In May of 2021, the Rady School community raised $12,905, including funding for Undergraduate Clubs, including the UC San Diego Speech and Debate team, fellowships, MPAc program, and greatest needs.
Powered by your support, we will prepare future leaders for new venture creation and growth, bringing to market solutions for global good and impacting the economy through job creation, revenue growth, and increased diversity.
Visit ucare.ucsd.edu for more information.