At the Rady School, we are passionate about providing meaningful, real-world learning and opportunities for students to help them bring forth innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit to their industries and reach their personal goals. If you are considering the Rady School for your full-time or part-time MBA, we highly encourage you to attend an admissions event, such as The MBA Tour, when we visit your city.
Whether you’re building a career in a finance focused city in the Northeast, the energy sector of a city like Houston or a technology hub right here in California, we can’t wait to connect with you and hear your story. Not only will you have the chance to meet with our representatives, attending will also allow you to explore our culture and student experience to help you better decide if you can picture yourself among us at the Rady School and UC San Diego community.
These are our top 5 tips for getting the most out of The MBA Tour experience:
- Get a leg up on your competition. Like the Rady School admissions team, the individuals that attend education fairs are typically the same ones who are reviewing your applications for admission. They know the inside scoop – the things you do not find on a school’s website. Learn directly from the people who know the inner workings of the admissions process. Narrowed your MBA search to a few top choices? Although it takes a little courage, these events are also a great opportunity to leave an admissions team with a strong and positive impression.
- Narrow down a large list of potential schools. Still deciding between many schools? Education fairs are a great opportunity for “one stop shopping.” If you are lucky enough to live near one of the big cities that has an MBA fair such as The MBA Tour– go! The best business schools from around the world are represented at these events. Even if you are looking at schools close to home, this may be an opportunity for you to discover a school across the country (or globe) that may be the perfect match for you.
- Learn something beyond rankings. Every school is proud of their top rankings and the Rady School is no different. We are extremely excited to be ranked #1 in the U.S. for Intellectual Capital, #1 MBA in San Diego and #2 EMBA in California. However, by meeting with our representatives you can dig deeper into the programs and opportunities behind those rankings, what is really important to the school and most importantly, what the school can offer for you given your own personal goals.
- Really get to know the school. Meet people from the Rady School, learn about the school’s personality, the network, successful alumni and the type of environment that the school provides for you as a student. Alumni from the area are typically in attendance at school booths.
- See the admissions process from the eyes of admissions. Attending the informational sessions and panels offered during these events gives you further insight into how business schools work. Listen to what the panelists have to say – they are very open and willing to answer questions about how their schools approach admissions as well as how their programs match up to other schools of interest.
In Fall of 2015 you can catch our admissions representatives in the following cities:
New York City
Sao Paulo & Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
For information and registration for these events, please visit our events calendar. If you don’t see your city on the list, here are some other ways to connect with us:
- Schedule a campus visit or tour
- Attend a live online webinar (added to the events calendar as scheduled)
- Sign up for contact from one of our admissions advisors, admissions updates and event announcements
- Reach out to our admissions team through email
Ultimately, connecting purposefully with our admissions team is an effective and time-saving method for candidates trying to find the school that has the best ‘fit’ in terms of individual goals and interests. We hope to talk to you soon!
Want to learn more about the Rady School of Management’s innovative and entrepreneurship-focused MBA program? Download our MBA insights eBook, featuring where alumni work, support available for student entrepreneurs at Rady and more.
Jay Bryant is the Director of Graduate Recruitment and Admissions at the Rady School.